The classroom Discussion Guide for The Tukor’s Journey is available as a free download! The Discussion Guide covers a broad range of material for your classroom, encouraging kids to imagine and discover.
- Spur meaningful student discussions around the important themes in The Tukor’s Journey.
- Learn about amazing creatures and beautiful locations around the world.
- Use a secret code to unlock an important message.
- Fun STEM topics are included that let kids’ imaginations fly—literally!
- Students unleash their artistic side as they draw the unusual details of a Greznik.
- Develop new vocabulary. Math and geometry topics are covered, too!
- Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards are noted throughout.
- Lexile® Measure is 830. Accelerated Reader (AR) Points: 21 points. MG BL 5.8
If you are interested in a Tukor’s Journey classroom presentation, I would love to come visit your school!
During the visit, we’ll discuss how storytelling isn’t just for authors, it’s in every part of our life. We all tell stories. And we all write our own grand story—the story of our life, and a powerful one it is. And we’ll talk about the storytelling process and write a short story together that highlights the use of character descriptions and suspense. We’ll learn about some of the unique animals and places in the book. The kids walk away with a little inspiration—a seed that inspires them to understand that we all have a mission in life. A purpose. We all write a powerful story no matter who we are.